What Is Black Rifle Coffee?
The odds are you might have heard about the Black Rifle Coffee Company and how it is a popular coffee brand among members of the United States military.
Black Rifle Coffee is a veteran-owned coffee company that sells coffee roasted and packaged in the United States.
The company has expanded to include a vast assortment of coffee products, including some ready-to-drink coffees.
Black Rifle also takes pride in supporting the American military, as most Black Rifle employees are veterans, military reservists, or military spouses.
About the Company
Black Rifle was formed in 2014 by Evan Hafer, a former Green Beret in the United States Army.
He started selling his coffee through a friend’s apparel website and eventually started the Black Rifle brand after it became popular.
Hafer’s goal was to produce and sell coffee to patriotic Americans. The company was formed with the principle of honoring the men and women who serve and have served in the American military.
As Black Rifle’s Amazon page says, the company wants to “emancipate the conservative American from corporate coffee.”
Black Rifle has grown to offer its products online and in various stores, including at various Bass Pro Shops, Cabela’s, and 5.11 Tactical locations.
The company also helps military members transition from the military to civilian life by becoming entrepreneurs.
Black Rifle provides assistance to veterans who want to start or maintain their businesses by providing access to Black Rifle Coffee products.
Black Rifle has grown from 50 employees in 2017 to about 500 employees in 2022, plus the company has a pledge to hire 10,000 veterans in the coming years.
Black Rifle also operates the BRCC Fund, an organization that helps military members and veterans gain access to job training, grants, and other resources to help them thrive in civilian life.
The company also produces the Coffee or Die online magazine.
How Does Black Rifle Prepare Its Coffee?
Black Rifle sources its beans from various coffee-producing countries, including Brazil and Guatemala.
Hafer and the team at Black Rifle have reviewed coffee farms in these countries and elsewhere and have chosen the best options for where they will acquire their hand-sorted and picked coffee beans.
The green coffee beans Black Rifle collects are then inspected for quality and roasted based on various roast profiles the company has.
The company has roasting facilities in Manchester, Tennessee, and Salt Lake City, Utah.
All roasted beans are immediately ground or moved into sealed and nitrogen-filled packages with one-way valves to keep moisture from entering.
What Coffee Products Does Black Rifle Sell?
Black Rifle sells a full assortment of coffee products, including:
- Ground coffee, including in twelve-ounce or five-pound bags.
- Whole bean coffee.
- Single-serve coffee pods or “rounds”; these are compatible with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 machines.
- Ready-to-drink coffee cans.
- Coffee steep bags and cold brew packs.
What Blends Does Black Rifle Offer?
Black Rifle has a full array of coffee options for you to explore, with many new products being made available each month. The Black Rifle website can help you find a coffee style that fits your needs based on:
- The machine you use for preparing coffee, including a traditional coffee maker, a French press, or a cold brew machine
- How you take your coffee, including if you like cream and sugar or if you take it black
- How you want your coffee to taste like
- How dark you want your coffee
- Whether you prefer ground or whole bean coffee
- The amount of caffeine you want out of your coffee
Black Rifle Coffee has a full assortment of light roast coffees:
- Gunship: The Gunship roast has a light caramel flavor and a smooth finish.
- Silencer: The Silencer smooth roast has citrus and milk chocolate notes that are easy to drink.
You can also find a few medium roast options from Black Rifle:
- Liberty: Black Rifle promotes this medium roast coffee with hazelnut and light citrus notes as “what Liberty feels like.”
- Just Black: Black Rifle’s first-ever roast has a butter-like finish and a cocoa and vanilla aroma.
- AK-47 Espresso: Coffee fans with espresso or drip machines will love the AK-47 blend, a choice with a nutty aroma and dark chocolate and citrus flavors.
- CAF: CAF is a high-caffeine coffee that includes about twice the caffeine as a typical Black Rifle coffee cup. You’ll notice a maple syrup taste in this coffee.
Black Rifle also has some dark roast blends:
- Beyond Black: Beyond Black is Black Rifle’s top dark roast blend. The coffee includes a spicy aroma with dark chocolate notes and a smoky finish.
- Blackbeard’s Delight: Blackbeard’s Delight is made from Brazilian beans and has a nutty flavor with a fruity finish.
- Murdered Out: This option is the darkest blend Black Rifle offers. Murdered Out has a smooth flavor with dark chocolate and molasses notes.
Does Black Rifle Have Hot Chocolate?
Black Rifle also sells hot chocolate in its Combat Cocoa Canister and single-serve pods. Black Rifle uses raw Ecuadoran cocoa powder and 70 percent Arriba Nacional chocolate from South America in its hot chocolate.
You can mix the chocolate powder with warm milk or water.
How Can You Buy Black Rifle Coffee?
The best way to buy Black Rifle Coffee is by going to the company’s website or Affiliate LinkAmazon page. You’ll find the company’s top products and their latest inventions through these websites.
You can also buy Black Rifle Coffee through various retailers. Black Rifle has partnerships with many veteran-owned businesses, including at many firing ranges and gun shops.
Black Rifle has a store locator on its website where you can find a Black Rifle Coffee retailer near you.
Black Rifle also has an Exclusive Coffee Subscription available on its website, where you can get an exclusive limited-run coffee blend each month.
For example, the special coffee for July 2022 is Behold the Minopour, a medium-bodied coffee with a chocolate aroma and almond and orange notes.