A chocolate hazelnut latte is a type of coffee drink that combines the flavors of chocolate and hazelnuts. It is typically made with espresso, chocolate syrup, and hazelnut-flavored syrup, and topped with whipped cream.
The chocolate hazelnut latte has become a popular choice for coffee lovers who are looking for a sweet and decadent beverage. While the flavor combination may sound strange at first, the two flavors complement each other perfectly to create a rich and creamy drink that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
If you are looking to try something new try the recipe below for a chocolate hazelnut latte that is sure to please.
Chocolate Hazelnut Latte
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2-4 drops of hazelnut extract
- ¾ cup coffee concentrate
- ¾ cup hot milk or dairy alternative
- To make coffee concentrate, use half the amount of water as you would for ordinary coffee. Use grinds that are somewhat finer if you’re using a pour-over or auto-drip machine.
- Gently heat milk in the microwave or on the stovetop until it reaches 140° Fahrenheit., Whisk vigorously if you want foam.
- To make the drink, mix cocoa powder, sugar, and 1 tsp of coffee concentrate in a mug. Keep stirring until the cocoa and sugar have completely dissolved. Finally, add the rest of the coffee concentrate, hot milk, and hazelnut extract.