If you like Coffee and Chocolate, then this recipe for Coffee chocolate chip cookies is for you! You get the best of both worlds and it makes for a delicious cookie.
COFFEE-CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1-1/2 Cups All-purpose flour 187.5g
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted butter softened -(113g)
- 1/2 Cup Confectioners’ sugar 65g
- 1/4 Cup Granulated sugar 50g
- 2 Eggs large
- 2 tsp Espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Black coffee powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate chips or Chopped chocolate
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Procedure (For Cookies):
- Preheat the oven to 356℉ (180℃).
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Sieve all dry ingredients (i.e. flour, espresso powder, black coffee powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) in a large bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter, confectioners’ sugar, and granulated sugar on high speed for about 3 minutes until creamed together.
- Always scrape down the sides, up and bottom of the bowl with a spatula or spoon, to ensure even mixing.
- Add the egg and vanilla, beat until evenly mixed and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients into the creamed butter mixture, hand-mix together until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate and mix until combined.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of cookie dough (could be more depending on how large you want your cookie) into balls, flatten and place them on the parchment paper. Ensure they are evenly spaced.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Take them out when they starting to turn brown (use a skewer to check). Allow the cookies to sit on the pan and cool for about 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
This recipe makes 12 cookies (from 2 tablespoon scoops of cookie dough).
A small cookie scoop can alternatively be used to make your cookies.