Making pancakes with oatmeal is a great way to add some extra fiber and nutrients to your morning meal. These low-fat, whole grain oats will help keep you fuller for longer! You can also prepare them in advance so they are ready when you wake up on busy mornings.
The following recipe is super easy and makes the perfect breakfast for a cold winter morning or when you need a pick-me-up.
OATS & COFFEE PANCAKES
- Mixing Bowls
- Frying Pan
- All-purpose flour – 1½ cups 60g
- Sugar – ½ cup 100g
- Eggs – 1 large
- Espresso powder – 2 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Black coffee – 1 tbsp 5g
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Buttermilk – ½ cup 112.5g
- Water Room temp. – ½ cup (120g)
- Oats rolled – ½ cup (40g)
- Honey – 1 tbsp plus extra for topping
- Butter – for frying
- In a large bowl, sieve the flour, salt, espresso powder, baking powder, and baking soda together. Add the oats and whisk to mix evenly, then set aside.
- In a measuring cup, mix together the water, buttermilk, sugar, egg, black coffee, and honey until combined (about 2 minutes).
- Create a well in the flour mix, pour the wet ingredients into the well and mix until they are well incorporated and without lumps (about 3 – 5 minutes).
- Brush a frying pan with 1 teaspoon of butter and place on a heat source. Add 5 tablespoons of batter into the pan, allow to fry on each side for 2 minutes (or until brown on both sides), remove the pancake, and place on a plate.
- Repeat the above process for the remaining batter.
- Arrange the pancakes on a plate and garnish them with fruits, chocolate, honey, or any topping of your choice.
- Enjoy your delicious oats-coffee pancakes with a glass of juice.
You can substitute butter with olive oil for frying.
The recipe takes about 45 minutes from start to finish.