If you’ve ever had nitro cold brew at a coffee shop and were wondering how to make it it home this article is for you! In this article I’ll go over what nitro brew coffee is, what equipment you need to make it at home and how you can make the nitro brew coffee at home.
What is Nitro Brew Coffee?
Nitro brew coffee is a nitrous oxide-infused cold brew coffee. It’s made by steeping coarsely ground coffee beans in water for 12 to 24 hours, then filtering out the grounds and infusing the coffee with nitrous oxide.
The result is a creamy, smooth and slightly sweet cup of coffee that has less acidity than traditional coffee. Nitro brew coffee is also said to have more antioxidants than regular coffee.
What are the benefits of drinking nitro brew coffee?
Benefits1 of nitro brew coffee include:
- Creamier and smoother taste
- Less acidic
- More antioxidants
- Boosts mental alertness
- Increases physical energy
What you will need to make nitro brew coffee at home:
- 1 cup of coarsely ground coffee beans
- 6 cups of water
- A Affiliate LinkNitrogen Coffee Dispenser
- Affiliate LinkNitrogen cartridges
Tip: Use a ratio of 1:6 (For every 1 cup of ground coffee add 6 cups of water).
Instructions for making nitro brew coffee.
- Steep the coffee beans in water for 12 to 24 hours in a large container or a cold brew pitcher.
- Filter out the grounds and pour the cold brew into the nitrogen coffee dispenser.
- Infuse the coffee with nitrous oxide.
- Pour the nitro brew coffee into glasses and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Enjoy your homemade nitro brew coffee!
What’s So Special About Nitro Brew Coffee?
Nitro cold brew coffee is all the rage these days. But what exactly is it? And what’s so special about it?
Simply put, nitro cold brew coffee is regular cold brew coffee that has been infused with nitrogen gas. This gives the coffee a creamy, frothy texture and a slightly sweet taste.
So what’s so special about nitro cold brew coffee? Well, for one thing, it’s incredibly smooth and refreshing. It’s also less acidic than regular coffee, so it’s easier on your stomach.
Plus, the nitrogen infusion makes for a lovely visual effect. When you pour nitro cold brew coffee into a glass, it looks almost
The second difference is how it’s served. Nitro brew coffee is kegged under pressure and dispensed from a tap, like beer. It’s usually served in a pint glass with a creamy head of foam on top.
Want To Learn How To Roast Your Own Coffee? Checkout My Guide To Roasting Coffee At Home.
Recommended Nitro Brew Dispenser – NutriChef NCNTROCB10
- NITRO COLD BREW AT HOME: Fill up the keg with store bought or home brewed...
- 64 OZ. CAPACITY: The nitro keg coffee growler features a 64 oz. standard...
- STAINLESS STEEL: The nitro cold brew at home is constructed w/ food grade...
- UPGRADED FAUCET: The cold brew keg features a stout creamer faucet w/...
- N2O SOLD SEPARATELY: Don’t forget to buy 8 gram whip cream non-threaded...
Last update on 2022-05-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What I Liked About The NutriChef Nitro Cold Brew Dispenser
- It’s easy to clean and put together when you need to clean all the parts.
- It comes with a 3-in-1 wrench to assemble and take apart all the pieces.
- This mini keg gives you 8 to 10 serving cups worth or a total of 4 full pints.
- You don’t need to put only coffee inside this mini keg; you can experiment with tea or juice.
- This mini keg is small enough to fit inside any size fridge to keep your contents cold.
- The serving tap handle has a smooth and easy to pour motion with no jerking at all.
What I Didn’t Like About The NutriChef Nitro Cold Brew Dispenser
- The release valve on the nitro brew coffee maker can spray coffee if you release it too fast.
- Be careful with the inside lip handles; they can be sharp due to left-over metal burs.
- Do not use nitrous oxide with this coffee maker; only nitrogen (N20) is 100% safe.
- You have to buy the Affiliate Linknitrogen cartridges separately.
All in all, making nitro brew coffee at home is a simple job, if you have the right equipment. The NutriChef nitro cold brew coffee maker is a great little machine that will let you enjoy nitro brew coffee at home without having to go to a café every time.
It’s easy to clean and put together, it’s great for small gatherings, and it comes with a pour spout so you don’t have to worry about making a mess.
The only downside is that you have to buy nitrogen cartridges separately, but other than that, this nitro cold brew coffee maker gets two thumbs up from me!