The White Chocolate Mocha is a popular drink from Starbucks. In this classic Starbucks drink, Espresso is combined with White Chocolate. If you are a big Starbucks fan, you already know how great this drink tastes. But some of you might wish only if you could brew this amazing drink a home, and enjoy it from the convenience of your bedroom.
If you visit the official website of Starbucks, you will find the original recipe for White Chocolate Mocha. It lists down all the ingredients and lays down all the necessary steps for brewing this amazing drink. But if you are a beginner, you might find it hard to fully understand the recipe. For those of you, here is a complete breakdown of the classic coffee drink.
White Chocolate Mocha
- Aero Press
- Burr Coffee Grinder
- Measuring Utensils
- 1 Shot Starbucks Espresso Roast
- 1/2 Cup 2% Milk
- 4 Tbsp White Chocolate Chips
- Whipped Cream Optional
Make The Expresso
- First, you need to boil water. Try to stop when the water reaches the temperature of 185°F (85°C). Now, take your burr grinder, and grind some coffee with powder-like consistency.
- Take a filter, and place it inside the AeroPress drain cap. Rinse the entire AeroPress with hot water.
- Now take your coffee ground and place it inside the AeroPress. Make sure the coffee bed is nice and evenly distributed.
- Take 120ml of hot water, and pour it inside the AeroPress.
- Take a spoon, and stir the mixture.
- Lastly, you need to put pressure on the plunger. Once the plunger is down, remove it from your cup, and your Espresso is ready.
Melt The Chocolate
- Take a glass, or an aluminum pan, and drop 4 tbsp of white chocolate chips on it.
- Now put it on your stove, and put the flame on medium.
Frothing The Milk
- Pour ½ cups of milk into a mason jar.
- Shake the mason jar for 20-30 seconds.
- Open the lid, and place the jar in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- Pour espresso inside the melted chocolate and stir.
- Top with the frothed milk and whipped cream and enjoy!
What is White Chocolate Mocha?
What Do You need to Brew White Chocolate Mocha?
- 1 shot Affiliate LinkStarbucks® Espresso Roast
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 Tbsp white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
- Whipped cream
If you do not have white chocolate chips at home, do not worry. Starbucks sells its own Affiliate Linkwhite chocolate mocha sauce. If you want your homebrew to taste just like the ones you get served in the Starbucks store, getting one of these sauces is the best thing you can do.
White Chocolate Mocha Recipe
There are primarily two parts to the White Chocolate Mocha recipe. First, we need some chocolate. Take a glass, or an aluminum pan, and drop 4 tbsp of white chocolate chips on it. Now put it on your stove, and put the flame on medium.
There is one major advantage of making white chocolate sauce from chocolate chips. The chips are high in butter. And as a result, your final brew will have a glossy appearance.
For the second part of this recipe, you will need to brew one shot of espresso. If you prefer your coffee strong, you can brew two shots.
To brew Espresso, you will be needing the following ingredients.
- Affiliate LinkAero Press
Affiliate LinkFreshly Roasted coffee beans
- Affiliate LinkBurr Coffee Grinder
- Affiliate LinkMeasuring utensils
Affiliate LinkStovetop Kettle
First, you need to boil water. Try to stop when the water reaches the temperature of 185°F (85°C). Now, take your burr grinder, and grind some coffee with powder-like consistency. Take a filter, and place it inside the AeroPress drain cap. Rinse the entire AeroPress with hot water.
Now take your coffee ground and place it inside the AeroPress. Make sure the coffee bed is nice and evenly distributed. Take 120ml of hot water, and pour it inside the AeroPress. Take a spoon, and stir the mixture. Lastly, you need to put pressure on the plunger. Once the plunger is down, remove it from your cup, and your Espresso is ready.
If you do not have an AeroPress, or any other coffee maker at home (French Press, or Moka Pot), you can use the Affiliate Linkinstant espresso powder. However, one drawback of this approach is, the final brew will lack some of the essential aromas and oils that you would expect from your coffee.
Furthermore, you can brew espresso shots using a Affiliate LinkFrench Press as well. People think the French Press is ideal only for brewing with the coarse coffee ground. But, there are ways you can use the French Press to brew delicious cups of Espresso at home.
White Chocolate Mocha Serving
When your Espresso is ready, pour it inside the melted chocolate. Now take a spoon, or a long chopstick and stir the mixture. Along with coffee, and chocolate, we are also going to add froth milk to the mixture. For this recipe, you do not want to add too much milk.
After you have added milk to the jar, put its lid on top tightly. Once you are sure that the lid is tightly sealed, shake the mason jar for 20-30 seconds. Do not overdo this step. Now open the lid, and place the jar in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. And this is it, you now have froth milk for the White Chocolate Mocha recipe.
In the next step, we are going to add the frothed milk to the mixture. You can add whipped cream on the top as an additional topping.
Contrary to popular belief, the Starbucks original recipe for White Chocolate Mocha is not a guarded secret. Starbucks itself has made the recipe public. There are times when you would prefer to go to the nearest Starbucks store and enjoying this delicacy. And there are times when you feel too lazy to go out. For those lazy afternoons, you can brew your favorite white chocolate mocha from home. Do let us know if you have any further queries about the recipe. Leave a comment below, and we will get back to you.